Saturday, January 4, 2014

1/3/14

1. One of my patients came to her appointment with her 2 year old son. He spent the entire hour dancing and trying to turn off the computer. His dancing made her mother's face light up. The first time I can remember her smile! At first I was a little confused about how we were supposed to have therapy with a 2 year old running around the room, but realized that this was a gift. A chance for me to connect with a part of her life that made her smile. It was one of the best sessions we have had.

2. I got to see 2 of my cousins that I haven't seen in a long time. It was awesome to see their beautiful faces and to hear about the awesome things they are up to (one of my cousins is almost done with exams to be a professional engineer and another is doing awesome in grad school to be a psychologist)

3. At the family get together my sister was telling stories of her days as an inner city high school math teacher. Her stories made me swell up with pride and feel crazy inspired by how awesome a teacher she is. I kept thinking that I want to be like her when I grow up.

4. My wife and I had a really good conversation in the car about what kind of place we would like to live in in the future. We disagree on some things but it makes me excited to build a home with her!

5. My wife is making a scrap book and she just finished the pages from our trip to Florence and Rome. Her creativity is crazy awesome. I mean she put menus, business cards, train tickets, and programs! It is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment