Wednesday, January 1, 2014

5 things I appreciate about 12/31/13

1. Met a older woman patient today who has a history of schizophrenia. She calls herself "the Middle Eastern Queen". She quickly discovered I am of Egyptian descent and proceeded to excitedly tell me about how she was born in Mt. Sinai and was abducted by a white family.

2. I got to eat lunch with my wife today. Date lunch at a thai restaurant. Ate the spicy shrimp, which was delectably spicy and shrimpy.

3. During lunch, my wife and I discussed our new years resolutions. Here are some of mine:
-Hug more
-Eat less sugar (unless its a home baked good, and then come on now!)
-Improve my Spanish
-Improve my English
-Become knowldegeable in psychiatry...somewhow
-Become more structured in my prayer life
-Create more romantic surprises (picnics and crap like that)
-Laugh more, think more, speak less
-Do exercises that are fun..i.e. dancing
-Communicate better and more often with my family

4. I got to take a post thai food lunch nap. It was deep and I dreamed of fondue.

5. I got to kiss my wife when the clock struck midnight. Simple and yet the perfect way to end 2013 and begin 2014.





No comments:

Post a Comment